Monash University is offering applications for the CSC Joint Scholarship program to attract high-quality Chinese students to undertake their PhD in the 2023-2024 academic sessions. The program is designed to support outstanding new students pursuing their PhD in one of Australia’s top-ranked universities.
- Category: PhD
- Amount/value: Fully funded
- Location: Australia
- Application deadline: 31 January (Every Year)
- Eligible Countries: China
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD programme
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must be an international student come from China
- Current Monash PhD students are also welcome to apply for this program. Contact their faculty Graduate Research office directly to indicate their interest.
- The China Scholarship Council (CSC) will provide an annual living allowance (for up to a maximum of 4 years), Overseas Student Health Cover, return airfare between China and Melbourne, and visa application fees.
- In addition, Monash University will provide (for up to a maximum of 4 years) a faculty full tuition fee sponsorship and a supplementary (top-up) living allowance up to the RTP Stipend rate to support students whilst in Australia.
- The living allowance commences upon arrival in Australia and is unable to be backdated for students who commence their studies whilst overseas.
Apply directly to Monash
- How to Apply: All applicants should initiate their admission application to Monash for PhD. If successful, they will receive an offer from Monash, after that they may then submit their application for funding to the CSC website.
- Applications for a PhD are submitted through the Graduate Research Admission and application portal.
- Supporting Documents: If you are a new applicant, must have obtained an Expression of Interest (EOI) from the relevant faculty before starting your application.
- Admission Requirements: The minimum academic entry requirements differ depending on the graduate research degree: Doctoral degree (PhD) and Master by research.
- Language Requirement: Applicants are required to meet English language proficiency requirements to study at Monash University.